Bay Towel Linen and Uniform Rental is a recipient of NEW Water’s Industrial Achievement Award 2012. The Green Bay Metropolitan Sewerage District has implemented a new pretreatment program element called the Industrial Achievement Awards, which gives recognition to Significant Industrial Users (SIU) that demonstrate exceptional pretreatment performance.
SIUs are evaluated with the following criteria:
- The industry must meet GBMSD's definition of a Significant Industrial User (SIU) and been in operation and permitted for the entire calendar year.
- The facility must be in full compliance with its Industrial Wastewater Discharge permit.
- The SIU must meet all permit self-monitoring and reporting requirements during the calendar year.
- The SIU must not have any numerical effluent limits violations except for pH during the calendar year.
- For those SIUs that do not monitor for pH continuously, no pH effluent limitation may be violated during the calendar year.
- Where the 5.0 to 12.5 s.u. pH limitation applies to a SIU, no pH may be recorded at a value less than or equal to 4.6 or greater than or equal to 12.9 s.u. during the calendar year.
- The total time during which the pH values were outside the 5.0 to 12.5 s.u. pH limitation may not exceed 4 hours and 20 minutes over the course of either monitoring period.